Boston Colleges Plan Association

Harvard and Radcliffe may be charter members of an organization designed to foster closer relations among Boston area colleges. The association, the Boston Intercollegiate Council, will be officially formed next month.

Students body presidents, newspaper editors and social chairmen from ten colleges met at Simmons College last week to discuss possible activities for the new council. They tentatively proposed plans for combined literary magazines, workshops in student government, and joint action for reduced student rates at Boston cultural events.

The other eight charter members are Wellesley, Northeastern, Simmons, Boston College, Wheelock, Tufts, Emanuel, and M.I.T. Participation by Harvard and Radcliffe in the Council must be approved by the HCUA and RGA respectively. Such approval appears certain.

R. Thomas Seymour '64, president of the HCUA, said last night that Harvard had solved most of the problems which the Council will help schools to combat, but added that the college might benefit from association with other schools.