Cambridge ADA Gives Screening Of Vietnam Film

By Kathie Amatniek

The guerilla version of the war in Vietnam was presented in a film shown by the Cambridge ADA to a crowd of nearly two hundred in the Faculty Club last night. It was the first public showing in the United States of a film made by the South Vietnamese Liberation Front, the national political organization of the guerillas.

The film, which won the prize for the best documentary at the Moscow film festival last June, was lent to the ADA by Albert Maher '63, who brought it back from Cuba this summer. Maher was one of the fifty-nine American students who visited Cuba in deflance of State Department regulations.

'Lackey Diem'

As a "document" of the "heroic struggle of the Vietnamese people against the American imperialists and their lackey Diem," the film illustrates much that U.S. newspapers have described: barbed wire-enclosed strategic hamlets, American tanks rolling down American-built strategic highways, American pilots bombing Vietnamese villages; American soldiers leading Vietnamese troops.

The guerillas in the film are shown as simple peasants, women as well as men, young and old. They fight with weapons they make themselves in jungle factories or capture from the Americans.