Eliot Trackmen Win House Meet

Double winners Stan Walker and Bob Anscheutz led Eliot House to a decisive victory in the House track meet held Thursday and Friday. The Elephants scored a total of 53 1/2 points in winning the event for the second straight year.

Kirkland House finished second with 12 points, while Dunster was third with 32. Winthrop was fourth, Quincy fifth and Adams sixth.

Anscheutz, who ran for the Crimson cross-country team last fall, easily won the mile and 880 yard runs.

Walker, a former freshman trackman, came home first in the 120 yard low hurdles and tied with basketball player Lenny Strauss of Adams for the high jump title.

Walter "Chip" Moede, a senior, copped Eliot's fifth first place in the discus throw. Neal Curtin of Quincy, a guard on the football team, won the 12 pound shot put.

In the broad jump Kirkland's Mike Garfield edged Barry Dym of Eliot. Kirkland's other two first places were won by Gerald Margolis in the 100 yard dash and Russel Chesney in the 220.

Dunster's Leroy Parker swept home first in the 440 and ran on the Funster's victorious mile relay team. Dan Daly of Leverett won the javelin throw.