One-Time Mouse Girl Thrills Hub

Ten years ago, when most little children her age were still watching television. Annette Funicello was already a member of the Mickey Mouse Club. One of twenty four young Mouse keteers Annette had a certain quality which made her stand out.

Walt, Disney readily spotted this talent, took her under his tutelage and made her a star. She first became chief heroiue of the Mouse series, then filled leading roles in several of Disney's feature-length films. Disney, she says, taught her to be natural, and that quality which first endeared her to Mickey Mouse and his expensive public, grew steadily.

She is in Boston this week to promote her latest film, "Beach Party," a story about vacationing college students with a happy ending. Her allure was never more pointed than it is now and, if she likes, great promise awaits her in the business of entertainment.

But what is more likely, she suggests, is that she will retire from movies with the advent of marriage. She quite frankly anticipates a family of nine children and it is more probable than not that this will occupy her full time.