Hefner's Brother Scopes Hopefuls As Playboy's Bunny Hunt Hits Hub

By Cathleen Cohen

The man who invented the Bunny Dip interviewed 60 young ladies yesterday at the Statler Hilton, in his search for girls to staff the soon-to-be-opened Boston Playboy Club.

The Bunny Dip is not something one eats with potato chips, but rather, in the words of the one real life Bunny present, "the graceful motion in which the Bunny removes a drink from her tray and places it very gracefully in front of the customer; it takes a lot of schooling for girls to learn how to serve in this elegant manner." Another girl explained it further: "It means they teach the Bunnies to bend sideways so that they don't fall out of their costumes."

The big dipper himself, the man who supervises the selection of all Bunnies everywhere, is Keith Hefner (brother), a rather frightening looking man (see picture) who turned out to be a sheep in wolf's clothing. Hefner smiled a lot and laughed a little and begged the unsuccessful aspirants not to get upset. "If I have to tell you to leave, please don't punch me or kick me or cry," he pleaded, "If you cry I'll cry."

He declared that the qualities he looks for in prospective Bunnies are "prettiness, sparkle, freshness and a ladylike demeanor." On the alert for the right combination of ingredients, Hefner inspects each hopeful in a leotard and if she seems promising, interviews her in a separate office. He asks such questions as: "Do you have any hobbies?" and "Do you like people?" One candidate likened the experience to a Radcliffe interview.

Winners will be notified soon. Among them undoubtedly will be an egregious blonde, who, when asked what she does, replied "L..uh. . .I'm. .uh. .a model." Indeed she was.