Footballers Elect Chiofaro As Captain; Choquette Is Most Valuable Player

Thirty-seven football letter winners yesterday elected Donald J. Chiofaro, of Kirkland House and Belmont, captain of the 1967 Harvard football team.

The five-foot-nine, 225-junior, who will be the 94th captain in Harvard football history, started every game at line backer. He also called defensive signals for the Crimson this year, and was a major factor in making the defensive corps the Ivy League's best.

Chiofaro won All-America high school recognition in Belmont High his senior season, when the team posted eight shutouts in nine games. He had another big year at Exeter.

He was captain of the freshman team at Harvard and also played freshman hockey and baseball. The last captain to head both his freshman and varsity teams was Dick Diehl.

Chiofaro developed into one of the Ivy League's top linebackers after an outstanding sophomore season as the Crimson's "swing man."

And at the Harvard Club of Boston last night, Seniors Thomas A. Choquette of Eliot House and White Plains, New York and Stephen P. Crosby of Eliot House and Newton, were awarded Harvard's highest football honors.

Choquette received the Fredrick Greeley Crocker Trophy, which in recent years has been recognized as a "Most Valuable Player" designation. Crosby received the William Paine LaCroix Award, given yearly to the senior most outstanding for his enthusiasm, sportsmanship, and team spirit.