Harvard's Sextet Picks McCullough; Hopes High for Next Year's Season

The hockey team has elected Dennis McCullough captain for next season. McCullough, who played his schoolboy hockey in Dollar Bay, Mich, and at Andover, and has been a wing for the Crimson varsity for almost two full seasons.

The 5-9 160-pound forward scored 11 goals and 7 assists this year, spending most of his time on the big line with Kent Parrot and Pete Waldinger. Parrot and Waldinger will also be back next season.

McCullough is a right-hand shot, but he can perform at either wing. He scored two goals on three different occasions this season, and had a pair of assists in the Crimson's finest game of the year--the win over Cornell. Six of his goals were against Ivy opponents.

McCullough began his sophomore year with the JV, but he appeared in 21 varsity games and was third in scoring with nine goals and six assists.

He will captain the best Harvard six of his varsity career, with only three men who saw much action this year graduating. In his sophomore year, the team had a 9-15 slate, and this year they were 10-12-1.