JV Grid, Booter Bouts Canceled By Big Snow

Wednesday's snowstorm caused almost as much disturbance in this week's sports schedule as it did for Wednesday afternoon commuters. Games have been cancelled or postponed and strategy has been changed radically.

Both J.V. soccer and football games have been cancelled. The freshman soccer game has been postponed until Tuesday. The freshman football team, as well as both varsity teams, will play as scheduled.

The frosh gridders face a rough test today as they take on the strong Bruin freshmen. Brown defeated both Yale and Holy Cross. The Crimson has yet to play Yale, but Holy Cross crushed the Yarlings three weeks ago, 34-6.

Coach Henry Lamarr had his team practice outside yesterday in anticipation of field conditions at Brown. The field is cleared of snow, but is frozen. Poor traction on the hard ground will hamper the Crimson running game. The burden of the attack will fall on the passers.

All three of the top quarterbacks are suffering injuries. John O'Grady, who started in the first three games, is out with a strained leg muscle. Bill Kelly, who led the Crimson to its victory over Princeton last Saturday, hurt his knee in practice this week but is expected to start. The other quarterback, Larry Cetrulo, is back in uniform for the first time today after cracking two ribs in the Holy Cross game.

The varsity football team also faces the prospect of playing on a frozen or thawing field Saturday. They have been practicing inside this week.

The varsity soccer squad had no practice yesterday, but Coach Bruce Munro expects to take his team outside today in order to get used to the field.