Kissinger May Become A Top Nixon Advisor; No Official Word Yet

President-elect Nixon is reportedly considering Henry A. Kissinger, professor of Government, for a top level post in his administration, possibly as his personal advisor on national security affairs.

Kissinger met with Nixon three times last week at the President-elect's temporary headquarters in the Pierre Hotel in New York. The two men talked on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

No Confirmation

Nixon spokesmen would not confirm that a definite offer of a position had been made. Sources outside the Nixon camp said that overtures had been made but that Kissinger had made no final decision. Kissinger could not be reached for comment.

Speculation on what position Kissinger might hold centered around two possibilities: chairman of the Policy Planning Council at the State Department or special assistant to the President for national security affairs, the post currently held by Walt W. Rostow, and during the Kennedy administration, by McGeorge Bundy.

Kissinger, 45, was a consultant to the National Security Council in 1961 and 1962 and has been a consultant to the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency since 1961. At Harvard, Kissinger teaches Government 180, "Principles of International Relations," and a graduate seminar in national security policy.

Kissinger has a broad range of experience in international relations and is considered a specialist in European security and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.