Yardling Teams Hit Road: Icemen Meet Eagles Here

SPORTS 71

Squash

Seeking its sixth straight victory against no losses, the Yardling squash team travels to icy Hanover today to battle the Dartmouth freshmen. The Crimson should find the stronger-than-usual Green more difficult than the unlucky Exeter squad that they demolished, 8-1, before the exam break.

Led by Captain Jaime Gonzalez in the first slot, the freshmen have shown great strength in the top six positions, but suffer from inexperience and a lack of depth at the lower rungs. Trying to fortify the line-up. Coach H. Corey Wynn will substitute Mark Moulton at number eight for Charles Gilbert, who is suffering from mononucleosis. Steve Downes will play for Darry Harvey in the last slot.

Track

Freshmen indoor trackmen go north today also, to meet Exeter. In a tune-up for the Greater Boston College Championships, the Yardlings will put their 4-0 record on the line against the strongest team it has yet faced.

The Crimson, who have piled up early leads in all their meets, should find this contest no different.

Weightmen Ed Nosal and Doug Griswold combine to give the Crimson a formidable edge in the 35-pound weight throw and the shot put.

In the dashes and hurdles, Walter Johnson leads a strong pack of performers. Once-defeated John Gillis should produce in the 600-yard run.

Harvard should have little trouble in the distance events as most of the undefeated freshman cross-country squad beefs up the track team in the 1000 yard, mile, and two mile races. Dave Pottetti and Jon Enscoe can resist all preppie threats.

Hockey

The only Yardling squad to stay at home today, the freshman hockey team, will face-off with the Boston College freshmen at 4:15 p.m. Coming off a loss to Penn last Saturday, the Crimson will have to regain the touch and timing they lost during the exam break if they are to beat the big, rugged Eaglets.

In what should be a "darn close game," according to Coach Gene Kinasewich, Harvard will keep to its forechecking strategy. Captain Bruce Durno will start in the nets, and the first line of center Joe Cavanagh, the team's top scorer, and wings Dan DeMichele and Steve Owen will begin the attack for the Crimson.

The Harvard J.V. icemen will also be active today, as they take on Holy Cross at 8 p.m. in Watson Rink.