UConn Bows, 66-29, to Swimmers As Unbeaten Crimson Wins Fifth

Swimming captain Mike Cahalan turned in another double win, and the Crimson set two pool records on the way to a 66-29 rout of tce University of Connecticut last night in Storrs. It was Harvard's fifth win without a loss.

The meet was never close as the Crimson medley relay team of Dan Kobick, Steve Baumgart, John Munk, and Paul Horvitz won the opening event in 3:46.7 to set the first pool record last night. Toby Gerhart followed with a come-frombehind victory in the 200-free with a 1:52.9 clocking.

Cahalan rallied to win the 50-free in 22.5, and Al Ackerman eased to a first place in the individual medley to put the Harvard lead at a comfortable 19-6. And on it went.

The diving, a Harvard strong point so far this season, was good for another sweep in the one-meter competition when Tom Wallace and Dick Eisenberg downed their UConn opponents. There was no three-meter board since Counecticut is not in the Eastern League.

Munk Sets Record

John Munk set the other pool record of the evening in the butterfly with a time of 2:02.5. Gerhart swam fast enough (2:21.0) to get second place and increase Harvard's lead to 32-11.

In the meet's closest race. Cahalanedged Larry Phippen and Jed Phillips, both of UConn, by 0.1 seconds in the 100-free. His time was 50.7.

Then the Huskies won their first, and last, event the back stroke. Harvard's top man. Kobick, was held out, and though John Burris did the best time of his career, he couldn't quite catch the opponent's Ted Brindamore and Pat Hoffman, both of whom are fairly good in the stroke. Barris's 2:10.0 was less than a second slower than the winner's.

Chore Completed

Andy Huff and Baumgart were the final individual winners as Harvard completed its chore.

Double victories by Henry Watson and Tim Chetin paced the undefeated freshmen to a win over UConn by the same score.