Mole Evaluating Its Future Role

The Old Mole, Cambridge's two year-old underground newspaper, is going through changes.

"We think it's time to make some decisions about the Old Mole," a special edition of the paper states. "First, everybody out there has got to say what kind of a Mole, if any, they need."

Wednesday, the More held a public meeting to determine what kind of a newspaper people want. Yesterday evening, the Mole's staff met to discuss the paper's future.

"It was decided [at Wednesday's meeting] that the Mole, or something like it, should continue," Pete Halpern, a Mole staff member, said yesterday.

"It was also decided that there would be these other papers, too: a movement paper, a high school paper and whatever else people want," Halpern added.

"We refuse to talk to the bourgeois press," Dick Cluster, another Mole staff member, said in response to a CRIMSON reporter's questions.

Another public meeting is scheduled for Monday evening to resolve specifically what sort of paper the Mole should be and to decide exactly what additional projects the paper should sponsor. The location of the general meeting has not yet been chosen.