Anti-War Faculty Members To Consider Spring Action

A group of Faculty members will meet informally today to discuss the possibility of faculty anti-war action this spring.

Everett I. Mendelsohn, professor of the History of Science, the organizer of the meeting, said the discussion will give concerned anti-war Faculty members an opportunity to consider alternative lines of faculty involvement in the peace movement.

Mendelsohn said the group will establish close contact with broad-based student anti-war groups such as the New Mobilization Committee.

He said that several groups have already asked Faculty members to speak at the spring demonstrations during the week of April 13-18. One function of the new ad hoc Faculty committee might be to find speakers for the rallies, he said.

Concerned Faculty

The idea for tomorrow's meeting originated at an informal gathering several weeks ago. Faculty members at this meeting included Herbert C. Kelman, Richard Clarke Cabot Professor of Social Ethics; Stephen J. Gould, assistant professor of Geological Sciences; William R. H. Alexander '60, assistant professor of English; and Robert A. Rothstein, assistant professor of Slavic Languages.