Protestors to Stage CFIA Rally Today

NAC will demonstrate at noon today at the CFIA against the Board of Overseers visiting committee, which includes Robert S. McNamara, former Secretary of Defense, and John J. McCloy, former head of the CIA.

Following a rally on the steps of Memorial Church, the demonstrators will march to the CFIA and may attempt to disrupt a luncheon for members of the committee and fellows of the CFIA.

No Specific Plans

At a meeting of about 40 people yesterday afternoon, NAC members decided not to formulate any specific plans for the demonstration until the rally today.

However, one member said, "The basis of any action should be that these men are enemies. McNamara is a mass-murderer."

Robert R. Bowie, director of the CFIA, said last night that he had heard nothing about the demonstration and that the committee would meet as planned. "We presume that the demonstration will be peaceful and we will continue business as usual," he said.

McNamara Absent

He also said that McNamara would not be present at the meeting tomorrow. "His office notified us this afternoon that he was delayed in Italy and could not get back for the meeting."

Bowie added he did not know which of the other committee members would be present today. Other members include Charles W. Yost, U.S. ambassador to the U.N., Franklin A. Lindsay, founder of the Green Berets; and George W. Ball, former Undersecretary of State.