Harvard Graduate Students Participate In Anti-War Activity, Washington Trip

Harvard graduate school students- generally freed yesterday from academic obligations- organized people to participate in the lobby in Washington and to work on anti-war projects.

At the Law School, students, secretaries, and faculty spent most of the day planning trips to Washington and coordinating efforts on behalf of antiwar legislation.

More than 300 law students-including some 150 third-year students- will travel to Washington today to set up lobbying efforts and to prepare for Saturday's march.

The third-year students intend to do research on the war and foreign policy, and to publish a Vietnam War Journal which summarizes the events of the two days in Washington and compares them with official rhetorie.

Take-Home Exams

The Law Faculty decided Wednesday to allow students to have take-home exams instead of Fall exams, and as of yesterday evening, more than 200 third-year students out of a class of 350 had picked up their exams.

Those law students who will not remain in Washington will probably go to their home communities where they will work on anti-war campaigns.

Two groups of students working under the direction of Abram Chayes' 43, professor of Law and former legal advisor to the State Department, and Adam Yarmolinsky, professor of Law and former undersecretary of Defense, will also conduct research on the constitutionality of the war, the Cambodian invasion, and the assumptions behind foreign policy.

Medical School

Robert M. Ebert, dean of the Medical School, declared today an official day of mourning "to mark the death of those students needlessly killed at Kent State University and the senseless deaths in Southeast Asia."

All normal activities at the Med School will be suspended.

Strikers from the Med School-studts, workers, faculty, and doctors- began leafleting in hospitals and distributing red arm bands there. It will sponsor a teach-in tomorrow at 9 a.m. on Vietnam, CBW, and the crisis in American medicine.

Divinity School

One hundred students, professors, and clergy from the Divinity School marched down the Freedom Trail yesterday morning to protest "the perversion of our national heritage into a convenant with death." The procession carried a coflin draped with an American flag on which were three hats an American hat, a mortarboard, and a Vietnamese hat.

The Divinity School strike center has become the national coordinator for seminaries and divinity schools on strike. It will work closely with the national strike center at Brandeis.

Ed School

The Ed School is sending a large group to Washington and is operating an active strike center. The center provides facts sheets for teachers who want to teach on the war and speakers for various groups.

The Design School, in addition to participating in the activities of the college strike steering committee. is silk-screening shirts and other material with strike symbols.