Frosh Soccer Downs Tigers

The freshman soccer team, netting a goal in every quarter, ran over Princeton here Saturday, 4-1. Forward Dragan scored three times and inside Leroy Thompson added another to bring to twelve the Crimson's sum tallies for its last three matches.

Strength in Halfbacks

"We've been scoring plenty the last couple weeks--but that doesn't tell the whole story of why we're winning games," said Harvard coach Dana Getchell. "Our halfbacks make up our real strength. They're consistently taking away the ball from the opposition in midfield and setting up breaks for our line.

"And our halfs--Frank Gerold, Dick Raines. Terry Ferguson, and Jerry Heslinger--played particularly hard-nosed ball Saturday. In fact they took the game away from Princeton." Getchell said.

Harvard's attack matched its defense in holding up well against a Princeton squad fond of physical contact. Inside Fred Weiss and winger Dan Potts fed Vujovic in the first and second quarters respectively for Harvard's first two goals. Vujovic blasted in another shortly before the half.

Thompson converted in the final minutes of the game on a lateral from Vujovic.

Vasco Fernandes put in Princeton's only goal midway through the second quarter.

Strength in Halfbacks