NDAG Gives Antiwar Slide Show

The Nonviolent Direct Action Group (NDAG), will present an antiwar slide show today to the employees of a local defense contractor. The group also plans to picket and distribute leaflets in front of the company's offices.

Harbridge House, the defense contractor, is permitting NDAG to use its facilities for the slide show, Charles D. Baker, president of Harbridge House, said yesterday, "We'd be glad to give them the opportunity to express their views. However, we are surprised and angered by the NDAG's planned picketing and leafleting, and the wording of those leaflets."

NDAG has studied Boston-area companies which it contends are contributing to the automated air war in Southeast Asia. The group's leaflets stated it is visiting these companies "in order to inform the employees and the surrounding community about the relationship between these companies and the continuing horror of the 'Indochina War."

Tom Gage, a spokesman for NDAG, said yesterday that in addition to its Defense work, Harbridge House works in cooperation with Latin American governments, training personnel for management research. "The company should drop the defense contracts and expand its other research," he said.

Baker said that "the real question is whether we should have a Defense Department or not. As long as the Defense Department is warranted, it should be run well."