John Fox Dies; Former B-School Assistant Dean

John B. Fox '28, assistant dean of the Business School from 1937 to 1971, died Sunday while visiting Clearwater, Fla.

Fox lived in Arlington, where he had recently become director of the Arlington Five Cents Savings Bank.

Born in Cambridge, he attended Milton Academy, Harvard College and the Business School, and then embarked on a banking career with the First National Bank of Boston and later the Old Colony Trust Company.

He returned to the Business School in 1935, and upon graduation in 1937 became assistant dean. During his years at the school, he also taught industrial relations, directed the Department on Overseas Relations and was executive director of the Eisenhower Fellowship Program.

Fox served on the War Production Board from 1944 to 1956, was a consultant to the Ford Foundation in 1953 and to the Organization of European Economic Community from 1954 to 1957.

Fox also served as a director of Symmes Hospital in Arlington, the Arlington Development Board, the Robbins Library in Arlington, and Champlain College in Burlington, Vermont.

He is survived by his wife Eunice, a son John B. Fox Jr. '59, assistant dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, and a brother, Walter S. Fox.