'Crime' vs. Bok's Joks

By Rhesus J. Portfolio

"We've waited a long time for this," said an allegedly high Harvard official yesterday. "Too damned long, if you ask me. What happened last fall was a travesty, and a group of us have determined that it will not be allowed to happen again."

With a snarl and a derisive wave of the hand, a member of the starting team of Bok's Indoor Joks thus dismissed the possibility that the Crimson's unbeaten, unchallenged, and generally unnoticed basketball team stood a chance this morning, when it takes on an arrogant Administration quintel at 10 a.m. at the Hemenway Gymnasium.

"They pulled some unbelievable stuff last fall," the official said, referring to the football game between the two squads that ended in an impressive 23-2 Crimson victory. And that guy Swansong, I think his name is, well...I'll just have to talk to Chase Peterson about it. We've got to tighten up the admissions process around here."

Ruling Cadre

Crimson coach and captain M. Deacon Dake was understandably more restrained. "Some people look at this game as a showdown between that cadre that runs this college, namely us, and that which would like to run it. Well, we don't go in for confrontation around here, and my boys are just looking for a little good, wholesome, country fun. That's the way we played in Hoosier territory, and my basic ideals have remained intact."

Besides Dake, who won all-Conference laurels at Mishawaka H.S., the Crimson entry boasts a plethora of working-class talent, led by Chicago's Dan Swanson, a former Loop organizer who has lived largely off his reputation since coming to Cambridge.

Borderline Ball

"I hear President Bok and his boys like to play borderline ball," Swanson said yesterday during his daily workout at Hifzi's Garage. "Well, in my 'hood, we feel that ceaseless agitation and uncertainty distinguish the bourgeols era from all others. We don't wear neckties, but we're definitely in a class at once above and below the filthy Junkers." "All that is holy is profaned," he said.

The Crimson, which owns a victory skein extending over 99 years, is a heavy favorite, although the Administration has the services of Bok, "a known crisis handler", according to a major Boston newspaper.

"This is more than a basketball game," Bok remarked solemnly last night. "We won't get fooled again."