THE EVANS CASE

The Mail

To the Editors of The Crimson:

RE: December 19th, 1972. Article: "Exans will Not file Complaint over Alleged Assault by Taxi Driver."

I can understand that a newspaper should print both sides of any controversy which I assume The Crimson attempted in its article about me and the taxi driver on December 19, 1972. I must call to your attention, however, what I consider a serious lack of judgement in your reporting: 1) my attorney, Mr. Reginald Lindsay, was not with me at the hearing before the Clerk of the East District Court of Boston; 2) the statement of the redcap that you received third hand from Mr. Provo ("...saw Evans gesture wildly at the driver, get out of the cab, jump on its roof three of four times....") boggles the mind of persons familiar with the physical dimensions of a typical taxi cab. Few of Harvard's varsity track men culd do this.

An unsigned article with no direct quotations from my accusers has cast me in a surrealistic light before the Harvard community. This is highly irresponsible! David L. Evans   Assistant Director of Admissions