Freshman Runners Overwhelm An Outclassed Andover Squad

The freshman cross-country team easily outdistanced a team of Andover harriers and scored an impressive 19-44 victory yesterday at Franklin Park.

Running as a team for the first time this year, the freshmen were led by Stan Rafto of the varsity squad. Rafto rocketed to an early lead and coasted to an 11:39 clocking for the 2.6-mile course.

He was followed ten seconds later by Paul Suslovik of Andover, who turned in a surprisingly strong performance by dogging the varsity runner's footsteps.

After that it was all Crimson. In what Coach Pappy Hunt termed "a good warmup" for the Brown meet tomorrow, Harvard placed all eight of their runners in the top ten positions.

Dave Nemazee ran smoothly, capturing third place in 11:59. He was closely followed by teammates Bruce Dalglish and Ed Blades. The rest of the Crimson squad was not far behind in what was an excellent example of group running.

Beleaguered

Some of the Yardlings will run for the varsity against Brown in an attempt to bolster the beleaguered upperclassmen, who are winless in three meets.

Hunt was pleased with the meet and acclaimed his runners as "one of the top freshman teams in the East."