Financial Company Names 2 Associates To Join New Staff

By H. JEFFREY Leonard

Harvard's independent financial management company will announce this month the selection of two more associates to begin in September.

Robert P. Mastrovita will become the Harvard Management Company's equity associate to assist equity partner John R. Chase '50 after leaving his present position with the Alliance Capital Management Corporation. Mastrovita is a 1968 graduate of the Business School.

Fixed Income

Radford Rigsby, a fixed income analyst at Standish, Ayer and Wood Inc., is scheduled to join the management company next month as a fixed income associate for partner Nils P. Peterson.

Harvard Management took control of the University's $1.4 billion endowment on July 1. Cabot has spent much of his time since April trying to select his small staff and about five outside management firms to handle small segments of the endowment.

90 Interviews

Cabot is expected to name several more associates this month and the outside firms in the fall. George Sigular, assistant to Putnam, said yesterday that Cabot's search for personnel and firms is the "most comprehensive ever made by any management firm." Cabot, Sigular, and several others have already interviewed 90 firms as prospective outside managers.