Three 'Cliffe Squads Fall to Bulldogs

Fencers Foiled

By Richard J. Doherty

New Haven was not the place to be for all you Radcliffe sports fans this weekend. While the Eli's basketball and squash squads were shooting down their Cambridge visitors, the Yale fencing team was proving to be equally inhospitable as it outdueled the 'Cliffe swordswomen en route to a 10-6 victory.

And were it not for the lightening fast blade work of freshman foiler Celine Larkin, the Crimson might not have left Connecticut alive. Larkin once again sliced her opponents down to size to maintain her unbeaten streak on the season and provided her blademates with four of their six points.

Agressive Bulldogs

The Crimson had to scramble to come up with those two other victories against an aggressive Bulldog crew. Captain Sara Kimball en garded her way to one win in four against her Yale foilers and freshman Susan Lambiris successfully crossed swords with one of her opponents to round out the 'Cliffe scoring.

"Yale was a very aggressive squad," Leonida Rassenas, who came out on the short end of the sword in her bouts on Saturday, said, "and they thought they'd be able to just slaughter us, so in that light I thought we did very well."