Sports Roundup

In case you were wondering the Crimson icemen stand in 13th position in the ECAC Division 1 standings with a 3-4 mark. Harvard is fourth in the Ivies with a 1-1 record and a contest forthcoming against Brown this Saturday at Watson Rink and on Channel 7.

Brian Petrovek's 4.03 goals-against average places him ninth in east. The leading Crimson scorers after 11 games are Bill Hozack (six goals, ten assists), George Hughes (seven goals, six assists) and Gene Purdy (three goals, nine assists).

Moving upstairs to the IAB, the Crimson hoopsters return to action this weekend with away contests against Princeton. Which only upset second-ranked Notre Dame two nights ago, and Penn, a perennial Ivy powerhouse which has been lacking some of its power so far this season.

Entering these contests, Steve Irion leads the 4-6 cagers in scoring and rebounding with 13.6 and 6.3 averages, respectively. Bob Hooft is second in each category while Jonas Honick stands third in scoring, and Gary Ackerman third in rebounding.

Moving right along in the IAB, Harvard's wrestlers placed fourth in this week's New England rankings. The grapplers return to the mats this Saturday with a tri-meet versus MIT and Mass Maritime.

Seeing as how Clarkson leads the ECAC hockey standings with an 8-1 mark, it should be no surprise that four of the top six scorers in the east reside in Potsdam, N.Y.

Following Clarkson's Golden Knights, New Hampshire, Boston College, Vermont and Northeastern round out the first five in the team standings. Harvard travels to Chestnut Hill to take on the Eagles next Tuesday night. ECAC Division 1 Hockey Standings   W  L  T Clarkson  8  1  0 New Hampshire  8  1  0 Boston College  5  2  0 Vermont  6  3  0 Northeastern  5  2  0 Cornell  4  2  0 B.U.  4  3  0 Brown  4  4  0 Providence  5  5  0 Dartmouth  3  3  0 RPI  4  5  0 Colgate  4  5  0 Harvard  3  4  0 Yale  3  7  0 Princeton  2  11  0 Penn  1  6  0 St. Lawrence  0  5  0