Stickwomen Tie With Yale, 0-0

The Harvard field hockey team settled for a 0-0 tie with Yale yesterday at Soldiers Field to end the season with an 8-4-1 record.

Play went back and forth as the Yalies and the Crimson failed to dominate the game. Both teams had several opportunities to score but the ball just "rolled and steered" clear of the nets.

Emotional flip-flop

"We could have won; they could have won; it was that kind of game," coach Debi Field said yesterday. "There was a lot of emotion on that field," she added.

"It was frustrating to tie, but I'm glad they didn't score," goalie Ellen Seidler said after notching her twenty-first and final shutout of her college career.

Jenny Stone saw some action in yesterday's game after being sidelined with an injury, and freshman Sarah Chubb, just moved up from the J.V. squad, played an exceptional game.

The team selected sophomores Elaine Kellogg and Chris Sailer to replace Seidler and Mary Howard as team co-captains for next year.

In J.V. action, the Crimson defeated Yale 1-0 as Harvard's Charlotte Worlsey knocked in the only goal of the game.