Lectures and Plays Welcome Parents Here for Weekend

Three well-attended lectures by Harvard professors highlighted the first Junior Parents Weekend yesterday and Saturday, attended by an estimated 600 parents of members of the Class of '79.

The activities began Friday afternoon with Crimson Key tours and a slide tape on the contributions of women in history entitled "One Half Our History."

Friday night, parents were invited to see "Lady Be Good" at the Agassiz Theater and "Company" at the Loeb Drama Center. Afterward, President Horner held a reception in Agassiz House.

Parents were treated to lectures by John H. Finley '25, Eliot Professor of Greek Literature Emeritus, E.O. Wilson, Baird Professor of Science, and Edwin O. Reischauer, University Professor, Saturday afternoon in the Science Center.

Kim C. Fletcher '79 said yesterday the highlight of the weekend was the lecture on Japan. Fletcher's father. William, said, "If this is what your lectures are like, I want to go back to school."

Each House featured student entertainment and a reception

David A. Aloian '49, who addressed the parents in Memorial Hall with President Bok and Tony Downer '79, chairman of the student coordinating committee, said yesterday that although the turnout was smaller than Freshman Parents Weekend, "the quality of the program and the response of the parents was really fine."