K-School Field Trip

Short Takes

At the invitation of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, 50 Kennedy School students and professor will be spending spring break in Egypt meeting with Egyptian government officials.

The--students--who leave for Cairo today--are Mason Fellows public officials from Third World countries who come to the K-School to participate in the school's one-year mid-career program.

Accompanying the students are academic dean Albert Carnesale. John W. Thomas, lecturer on public policy, and Nancy S. Pyle, director of the Mason program.

"It's not going to be all sightseeing," Pyle said yesterday. "It's mostly a business trip."

Pyle said the trip is designed to give Third World leaders a chance to study the development and the administration of other Third World nations through tours, meetings and seminars. "It's a field trip we've included as part of the Mason Program for the past several years."

Trip sites in past years have included Korea, Cuba, and Mexico, whose president. Miguel de-la Madrid, graduated from the school's mid-career program in 1965.