Sarandon Visit

Short Takes

Actress Susan Sarandon will tell a Harvard audience about her career next Monday, when she visits the Agassiz Theater as a guest of the "Learning from Performers" seminar series.

Sarandon is known for her work in a variety of popular films, including "The Great Waldo Pepper," "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," and "Atlantic City," for which she received an Oscar nomination for Best Actress.

In the discussion, sponsored by Radcliffe's Office for the Arts. Sarandon will discuss her career from a set of prepared statements, but will not answer questions from the audience or reporters.

Since its inception in 1975, the Learning From Performers series has sponsored visits to Harvard by such notables as actor Robert Redford, playwright Arthur Miller and cellist Mstislav Rostropovich.

Director Peter Sellars '80, who recently won one of the MacArthur Foundation's "Genius Awards," is slated to be the next visitor in the Learning From Performers series. Later this month, he will lead three seminars on musicals and their entertainment value.