Stickers Fall To Brown, 1-0

The Harvard field hockey team dropped its ninth shutout loss of the season Saturday on Ohiri Field, this time bowing to a visiting Brown squad, 1-0.

The defeat dropped the Crimson's overall record to 5-9, while it lowered the club's lvy mark to 1-4

The stick women have now lost the four lvy games by a combined total of five goals

And for this one, only the opponent changed; the script remained the same.

Because the Cantabs dominated play for almost the entire contest, then faltered on one of the few Bruin scoring shots of the day.

That's been the story of the season for the Crimson I squad, which many thought at season's start would compete for its first lvy title.

But Harvard Coach Edie Mabrey said after the game, "It's time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves; I told them they shouldn't be sad, they ought to be mad.

"We didn't stick to our game plan," she continued. "That's the difference."

The biggest mistake came at 22:06 of the second period when Bruin Captain Sheila Terranova beat the Crimson defense and Crimson freshman netminder Kristen Abely.

That score was all the Bruins needed to record the win and to tie Dartmouth for the lvy crown.

Harvard, now in the midst of its worst campaign in three years, closes out its regular season tomorrow against Yale.

There hasn't been a score in a Harvard-Yale field hockey game in three years, so Harvard will be looking not only to salavage what's become one of its most disappointing years ever but also to pay back the Elis.