Women Ruggers Roll Over Terriers, 26-0

By Bob Cunha

The Radcliffe rugby team is back with a vengeance.

Ever since the team's three-season winning streak was scalped by Dartmouth two weeks ago, the women ruggers have begun a new streak that includes not only victory, but total domination.

Last weekend they whipped the Princeton Tigers, 48-0, And Saturday they followed up by kicking the Terriers of Boston University, 26-0.

Captain Louisa Meacham beat back B.U. by scoring two tries for the Crimson, as juniors Meave O'Marah and Elise Balboni added one try apiece.

Freshman booter Heather Flewelling had two penalty kicks and chipped in three conversions for the ruggers.

Leading only 7-0 at the half. Radcliffe put on a quick surge in the second half and never looked back--thanks mainly to the strong play of the backs, who easily tamed the scrappy Terrier attack.

Radcliffe kept the pressure up for the balance of the contest, according to Meacham, although the ruggers could afford to "just sort of relax a bit."

Ruggers

But B.U. was "no pushover." Meacham stressed. "They're always a tough team."

The contest was B.U.'s final of the season.

Next weekend, the Radcliffe "A" side will host Cornell in the penultimate showdown of the year. The "B" side will take on McGill.

Harvard will face Yale in the season finale on Nov. 17.