Harvard Launches Third Sexual Misconduct Climate Survey

Divinity School Student Government Calls On Harvard to Divest from ‘Illegal Occupation of Palestine’

Icewomen Fall to Tigers; Ivy Mark Evened at 4-4-1

By Nick Wurf

The Princeton women's ice hockey team hammered home its mastery of Harvard, scoring a 5-1 victory over the Crimson in New Jersey yesterday afternoon.

It was the perfect end for the perfect season the Tigers have enjoyed this year, as they upped their Ivy mark to 10-0, 13-4 overall Princeton, now ranked fourth in the East, advances to the ECAC tournament this weekend in Providence, where it will battle the top seeded Lady Friars for the right to play in the ECAC championship game.

For the Harvard icewomen, it was just more frustration. No player on the team has ever beaten Princeton in hockey, as the Tigers have compiled seven straight victories at the Crimson's expense over the last four years on their way to three consecutive Ivy championships.

Over those same four years, the icewomen have been improving, but they have never been able to catch the New Jersey powerhouse in Ivy play.

Yesterday, the Tigers took advantage of the fact that their top five scorers are also the top five scorers in the entire Ivy League. Even All-Ivy Crimson netminder Cheryl Tate had little chance against such talented opposition.

Goal number one came from the league's number-one scorer, Kelly O'Dell. Number two was courtesy of scorer number two, Laura Halldorson. After Crimson Co-Captain Diane Hurley brought the icewomen back to within one at 5:50 of the second period on a feed from Kelly Landry, the Tigers went back to work. The three Tiger goals in the next 23 minutes finished off the Crimson and chance at Princeton number seven.

THE NOTEBOOK Harvard is now 4-4-1 in the Ivy League, 11-8-1 overall. Yesterday Princeton outshot the icewomen, 40-15. At Hobey Baker Rink Harvard  0  1  0--1 Princeton  2  2  1-5

P. Kelly O'Dell (Laura Halldorson, Patty Kazmater) 15; P. Halldorson (O'Dell) 4:41); H. Diane Hurley (Kelly Landry) 5:50; P. Kazmater (O'Dell) 8:34; P. Gina Pietrangelo (Syrena Carlborn) 14:23; P. Halldorson (O'Dell; Suzanne McGilvray) 10:01.

Saves: H. Cheryl Tate, 11-13-11-35; P. Sue Gouchee, 8-3-4--15.