You Call It

Another Prescription

By Andy Doctoroff

Tonight's the night Cornell comes to town, and just about every body has something to say as the Harvard men's basketball team hones in on its first Ivy League title.

Administrators. Deans, Professors Even dear of mom.

Okay, who's paying attention to this potentially historic weekend.'

"Oh, I'm paying attention," says Dean of Freshmen Henry C. Moses. "It's extremely important to me I was once a graduate student at Cornell so I'd like to see Cornell get blown away. You see, graduate students have an inverted loyalty. We'd like to see the greatest amount of possible damage done to the institution from which we got our upper education degrees."

"I'm so excited. I hate to even talk about it I just get so excited," says Dolores Plutnicki, mother of cager Ken. "I think we've missed only two games this season. We've been following the team since Kenneth's freshman year. I'm just so excited."

"I think it's a great thing whenever a Harvard team does well." Dean of the College John B. Fox Jr. '59 says. "It adds a lot of vitality when a team prospers in this way."

Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education Sidney Verba '53, how do you feel about the current success of the basketball team?

"It sounds terrific," Verba says. "I'm extremely enthusiastic about it, now that you tell me about it."

What? Haven't you been following the cagers throughout the season?

"Maybe. Maybe not," Verba answers. "I refuse to comment on that subject. I might have known about the whole thing. But I won't admit or deny whether I had had knowledge of the record of the Harvard basketball team...but I'm still delighted about the team."

"I can't say that I know much about the whole thing," admits Gurney Professor of English Literature Jerome H. Buckley. I haven't been following them. I've been busy with other things lately. Oh please, don't hold that against me."

"Me? No, I haven't been following them. But I've been making a lot of box lunches for them," puts in Assistant Manager of the Union Ronny Cockroft.

Okay, there are a few people around here who aren't up to date on the squad. But, who's going to win?

"If you pardon me," Verba says, "I think I've said far too much already."

"I have a prediction," Moses offers. "Arne Duncan will score 30. I think he's ready for it. Joe Carrabino has gotten all the in. It's time for Duncan."

"I just hope we get fouled a lot," President Bok remarks "Because that's our game."

Dean Fox--will it be Harvard or the Big Red?

"Oh, you're asking a neophyte, and I'm not in any position to answer that."

"I think Harvard's going to do it," Mrs. Plutnicki prognosticates. "The whole season has been pretty good since Duke. And they've been coming back if they're down by a few points. That's the mark of a championship team."

Dean of Students Archie C. Epps III says, "Well, I have been following the team. I always listen to the sports news when I wake up. And it's clear to me that we have a winner. We're taking people these days who have crushed us in the past."

"And we're leading the league in free throws," Epps continues, "so I'm very optimistic...They deserve our support."

"I'd love to see Cornell win," says Isaac Kramnick '59, chairman of Cornell's Government Department. "Yes, I know that I went to Harvard. It's even my 25th reunion year, but I'm not torn at all between the two schools. It's about time that the Cornell basketball team won."

"It's a great year for us," Kramnaick adds. "It would be wonderful to knock off Harvard. Everybody at Cornell feels great when we beat Harvard, whether it's the number of Nobel Prizes, Rhodes Scholarships, Guggenheim Fellowships for the faculty or in hockey or basketball."

So tonight's game against Cornell is really, really big. How many of you are going to be there to cheer the Crimson on? Game time's 7 p.m.

"We're leaving New Jersey and going to the game...Of course, we're going," Mrs. Plutnicki says. "I'll see you there."

"Am I going?" Mones asks. "Uh, no I'm going to be in Western Massachusetts then. But, I swear I'll be thinking of them. I've get a previous obligation. I can't I just can't go."

"I'm going to built of the games," For says. "I enjoy watching them. I've also got a couple of children. It's a nice family thing."

President Bok? Yes, what about you?

"I can't go Friday, but I'm going Saturday," Bok says.

"What? I'm not going," says Union Assistant Manager Cockroft.

And what about you