Around the Ivy League

Dartmouth, 34-3

Bill Daly ran for two touchdowns Saturday as Dartmouth routed Columbia, 34-3, in New York, sending the Lions to their 19th straight defeat--the longest losing streak in Dividion I.

Dartmouth rolled up its highest point total of the season as Ron Dufresne gained 102 yards on 14 rushes and Daly had 80 on 18 carries.

Columbia, which has not won since October 15, 1983, against Yale, is winless in 11 games at its Lawrence A. Wein Stadium, which opened at the start of the 1984 season. The Lions have won only five of their last 71 games.

Cornell, 20-14

Cornell won its 500th victory in the history of its football program by defeating Yale, 20-14, at the Yale Bowl Saturday.

The victory, sparked by Big Red quarterback Marty Stallone (17-30, 180 yards, two touchdowns) and fullback Jeff Johnstone (149 yards on 21 carries) eliminated the Bulldogs from the Ivy League title race.

Colgate-Penn, 27-27

Mike Powers kicked a 42-yd. field goal with less than five minutes left to boost Colgate into a 27-27 tie with Pennsylvannia at Hamilton, N.Y.

Colgate's Kenny Gamble rushed for 208 yards on 32 carries.

W & M, 33-28

Stan Yagiello tied a William & Mary record by throwing four touchdown passes, including a four-yd. flip to Dave Szydlik with 9:02 left in the game, to lead the Tribe to a 33-28 victory over Princeton.

Richmond, 29-13

Richmond rallied in the second half behind the passing of quarterback Bob Bleier and the running and receiving of tailback Danny Holly for a 29-13 home victory over penalty and injury plagued Brown.

Holly scored three times as the Spiders, down 13-0 at halftime, rallied.