An Id for the Eighties

Mischief Directed by Mel Damski at Sack Charley

By Christopher A. Wilson

PORKYS II is disparagingly remembered as little more than the successor of Porky's L. Mischief will surely be remembered as another of Hollywood's blitzes on make coital tension. First as in Porky's I and II Mischief plot is the standard "immature boy searching for his first time in the sack with a dream girl." Trough his inevitably gained experience, one learns that looks aren't everything" as characterized by the movie's deepest line." "I was so know trying to fuck her I never got to know her," altered by Jonarthan Bellah (Doug Mckeon). Mischief possesses none of the characteristics that make a movie more than reminiscences of locker room raconteurs.

The movie opens with Gene Harbrough (Chris Nash), a motorcycle ending greatest . Gene unrealistically and quickly be friends the dentist's nerdy son Jonathan. Gene bets Jonathan that he can get hint "laid," and the story is off.

You see, Jonathan craves sex, Director Met Domski lets you see little more--either in Jonathan or on the documentary shots and wandering appendages aren't even clever. Predictability enough, the object of Jonarthan's desire. Marilyn, is attracted to Gene--Jonarthan sex tutor. There could be plot and character development in this love triangle, but it is left to wither, just as completely as the movie does.

THE CONELUICT over which say gets which girl gets lost in a choppy and predictable plot. Gene gets the woman he desires and Jonarthan gets Marilyn, the woman he desires. The audience is then privy to drawn out corny flirtation scenes executed on Ithyphallic and sensual horses. However Gene naturally has a conflict with the town .

The competition met Runny next significant moral to generic. It's a quarrel between Itch and poor, Characteristically, the brat is Itch and favored by Bunny's parents. Gene being poor and from a troubled background, is discriminated against by being forced to see Bunny without the knowledge of her parents.

The final revelation is that appearances don't matter. Bunny, who sees Kenny frequently, finally runs off with Gene to a happy life away from the pressures of home. Their elopement is engineered by Jonathan, Ironically, Gene, who has been his role model and represents the mature man, is totally immature. The ending of the Gene Bunny affair is trying predic.

Then there is character development (ha, ha). Jonathan realizes realizes that his ex-girlfriend, who has recently abandoned him for a football quarterback, was not really what he wanted anyway. He now reaches manhood (surprise, surprise). He asks out the homely girl who has been vying for attention throughout the movie. She has been also suddenly been transformed into a beautiful woman by the time Jonathan asks her out, thus reducing his new found maturity to his earlier sex quest.

This movie is not worth the physical effort of keeping your eyes open.