Adams Senior Injured In Fall From Balcony

A Harvard undergraduate sustained serious head injuries after falling from a third-floor balcony into the Adams House courtyard last night.

Joshua B. Goldstine '90, a philosophy concentrator and resident of Adams House D-entry, was taken to the emergency room of Beth Israel Hospital in Boston. A nurse there said Goldstine was still conscious, but declined to give any more information.

Adams House guard Steven C. Fergusson said that Goldstine had suffered serious loss of blood and was almost in a state of shock when found. Fergusson said he did not know exactly when the accident had occurred.

Goldstine's body was found lying in a pool of blood on the ground outside D-entry, said Miguel A. Sancho '92, who lives upstairs from Goldstine. Sancho said he and three friends were walking through the courtyard around midnight when they discovered the accident.

"We were walking by and we almost stepped on him, said Elizabeth S. Colt '87. "We weren't sure what he was."

Colt said she and the others called for an ambulance immediately after finding Goldstine.

Sancho said that he had been out during the evening and that he did not know what had been happening in the dorm. But he said that he had heard that the accident might be alcoholrelated.

"I think there was some booze involved," he said.