M. Booters Edge Out Bruins, 3-2

Derek Mills made sure his final game in a Harvard men's soccer uniform would be remembered.

The senior forward tallied the game-winning goal with less than five minutes left in the game to give the Crimson a 3-2 victory over Brown last night in Providence, R.I.

Mills scored at the 86:06 mark on assists by Nick D'Onofrio and Brian Enge to break the 2-2 tie and close out Harvard's season. The Crimson finished the year with a 7-8 record. Brown fell to 3-11-1.

D'Onofrio, another senior playing in his final game for the Crimson, tallied Harvard's first goal at the 17:10 mark with assists by Nick Gables and Jason Luzak. Less than two minutes later, Jeremy Amen scored an unassisted goal to give the Crimson a 2-0 lead and thoughts of a possible blowout.

But 10 minutes before the half, Brown's Aaron Velli nailed a penalty kick. And with the strong play of goalie Dan O'Connell (11 saves), the Bruins were still in the game.

Own Goal

Brown literally did nothing on offense in the second half. In fact, the Bruins tied the game, 2-2, on a Harvard own goal at the 61:09 mark.

Harvard goalie Scott Salisbury had an easy night at net, recording just three saves.