Fashion Faux Pas Watch

Sure, Harvard students aren't as fashion conscious as some. But FM knows that behind the glasses and too much plaid, everyone is checking out each other's latest outfits. To save unwitting students from potential and totally serious embarrassment, FM took the burden upon itself of informing the chic Harvard community of what is a total faux pas this month. (Fashion changes fast; fortunately FM keeps up with it.)

In its new-found role as fashion hound, FM sniffed out one of Harvard's major fashion catastrophes and brought it faithfully to its readers' attention. A certain student whom FM chose to keep anonymous for fear of ruining his life (hint: Lampoon) was photographed wearing the outfit you see on this very page. Shield your eyes, fashion virgins, for the sight of this fashion Medusa may turn your jeans to polyester.

Rate your fashion consciousness. Can you spot the six fashion faux pas in this picture? Answers below

Fashion Faux Pas #1: Burning The Crimson. Ever heard of freedom of the press, mister? At least it's not an American flag. Plus, that Lynx piece was important.

FFP #2: A smoking jacket form Oona's. At least his girlfriend has taste. But his loyalty? A man without loyalty is a man without taste, FM always says.

FFP #3: Slacks and a bow tie. Don't do it, please. Casual and elegant makes a poor mixture.

FFP #4: The Cigar. You ain't no Pat Sorrento. FM knows Pat Sorrento. And you ain't no... Okay, okay, this joke's been beaten to death. But it's back for a cameo appearance in this week's FM. We'll never forget you, Danny boy. FM just hopes it's not Cuban.

FFP #5: Seems a bit too reminiscent of a scene from A Better Tomorrow. John Woo is out. The mid eighties is out.

FFP #6: Seated in the president's chair. A definite no-no and passe to boot. Last year, yes. This year, no.