Human Resources Expert Speaks to Club

By Nancy M. Poon, CONTRIBUTING REPORTER

Angleo M. Troisi, founder of Troy Associates and Senior Vice President of Lee Hecht Harrison, spoke about his career and experiences in human resources management last night.

The speech, the second in a series sponsored by the Harvard Entrepreneurs Club (HEC), was attended by about two dozen students.

Troisi shared his knowledge and talked about various transitional stages in his career.

"I am very fortunate and very blessed to have started something, see it grow, be a name in my industry and see my company change and become what it is today," Troisi said.

During the hour-and-a-half discussion, Troisi advised undergraduates to choose their first job carefully.

"Don't take that decision lightly. [It] will become the stepping stone to your second job, your third job, and possibly your career," he said.

Troisi also provided insights to hopeful entrepreneurs on how to bridge the gap between college and the business world.

He said students should try to envision where they would like to be before choosing a career path.

"If you don't know where you are going, you will end up somewhere else," Troisi said.

Tamas Eisenberger '01, said he found the presentation valuable.

"I have learned so much about the real experience and real difficulties," he said. "It makes it easier to try to approach a possible career as an entrepreneur."

The club will probably offer similar seminars each week throughout the school year, said Thomas Y. Wu '98, HEC president.

Next week's guest will be Marvin Traub, former CEO of Bloomingdale's.