Miller Earns Top Honors in Ivies

HIGHLIGHTS

Junior striker Naomi Miller was named Ivy League Women's Soccer Player of the Year yesterday as chosen by the Ancient Eight's head coaches.

Miller was the fourth Crimson player in league history to be bestowed the honor and is Harvard's third recipient in three years.

Senior Emily Stauffer, taking the year off, earned Player of the Year honors in both of the past two seasons.

Miller is also making her third straight appearance on the All-Ivy First Team. She is on track to be the 11th player to be earn that honor in four consecutive years.

Miller was also the 1995 Ivy League Rookie of the Year and finished this season as the Ivy's leading scorer with 14 points, as well as being tied for tops in overall scoring with 23 points.

Miller gives the ball up and is the Ivy assist leader.

Miller is joined on the First Team All Ivy squad by junior midfielder Devon Bingham and sophomore defender Gina Foster.

The Crimson also boasts four second-teamers, including sophomore Beth Zotter, captain Rebe Glass, sophomore Jessica Larson and sophomore Anne Browning.

See tomorrow's sports section for further detail.