KEEPING US COVERED

The editors take aim at the good, the bad and the ugly.

By Paul S. Gutman

Dartboard has become increasingly disturbed by the presence of a small, pink clay pot situated on a table in the Currier House dining hall. Though the flowerpot in and of itself is likely harmless, its contents are posing existential dilemmas to more than one Currierite.

The pot, emblazoned with the smug white title, "Condom Week," contains prophylactics. No, they are perfectly strong, and no, they don't last for seven days. Dartboard has little prurient interest, but the pink dish has been sitting smugly in the dining hall, remaining full for nearly an extra two weeks now. Appropriate though it was in the week leading up to Valentine's Day, that scourge of many a Harvardian, the flowerpot has now begun to point a mocking finger at us all.

The vessel has outlived its stay by a good 14 days and poses some philosophical questions to us. Is Harvard just full of prudes? Unlikely. We know just how many people hooked up last week. Are people scared of being seen grabbing a rubber? Perhaps. How many readers have actually told their pharmacist they wanted the Trojans in the back?

Dartboard harbors suspicions that the mysterious "condom people" who long to make a mockery of Harvard life are just refilling the flowerpot. Perhaps they have just been validated. All we know is that 21 days does not a Condom Week make.