Men's Golf Finishes Sixth

By Cathy Tran, Crimson Staff Writer

Continuing its steady upward climb this season, the Harvard men's golf team finished an impressive sixth out of 18 schools last weekend at the Dartmouth Invitational in Hanover, NH.

"I'm happy to see [Harvard] in the top third," junior Andrew Malcolm said.

Malcolm led the Crimson by shooting rounds of 74 and 69 at the par-69 Hanover Country Club.

"I was really able to shoot even par by taking it one hole and one shot at a time," Malcolm said.

Malcolm's consistent scores were good enough to tie him for 11th among individual scorers.

"[Malcolm's] drive and intensity have been inspiring," senior Jack Lynch said. "His positive attitude is a model for the rest of the team."

Sophomore Neal Hegge also turned in a solid performance for the Crimson last weekend with rounds of 72 and 73. He finished tied for 16th.

The second day revealed a revitalized Harvard golf team. More familiar with the course and the conditions, four of the five Crimson golfers were able to lower their scores from the first day.

The Crimson improved from its previous showing at the Yale Invitational, where it placed ninth out of 21 schools.

This weekend the Crimson will attempt to maintain its newfound momentum when it competes at the Toski Invitational in Amherst, MA.