W. Lacrosse Falls to Princeton, 15-6

By Jessica T. Lee, Contributing Writer

The Harvard women's lacrosse team continues the search for its first Ivy League win after losing to Princeton 15-6 on Saturday in New Jersey.

The Crimson began the game with a strong offensive performance, including back-to-back goals from senior Allison Harper. Sophomore Leslie Moroz added a tally of her own off of a pass from Sara Burg to give Harvard a 3-0 lead at 26:24.

But Princeton rallied with five unanswered goals, including three tallies within a minute and a half.

After eight minutes of soft defense, the Crimson offense woke up at 17:35 with a goal from sophomore Katie O'Brien. Harvard then exchanged goals with the Tigers to give Princeton a 7-5 lead at the half.

The Tigers put the final nail into the Crimson coffin with a string of seven goals to open the second half of the game.

Senior Lauren Corkery scored off of a pass from Burg with 11 minutes left in the half, but to no avail. Princeton finished the game with another goal at 4:03 to give them the 15-6 blowout.

Goalies Laura Field and Jennie Platt combined for eight saves in the Princeton win.

Princeton freshman goalie Meghan McInnes led the Ivy League with a goals-against-average of 5.60 and was voted the Ivy defensive player of the week two weeks ago, but she did not play against Harvard this weekend.

Harvard sophomore goaltender Nora Guyer picked up 22 saves on the game.

Junior Kim Smith and senior Julie Shaner led the Tigers with four goals each. Smith was last week's Ivy offensive player of the week.

Harper was the only player to score multiple goals for Harvard. With her two goals in this game, she surpassed her previous career high of 37 points in a season. With five games left for the year, Harper needs 24 goals to break into the top five goal scorers in Harvard history.

The Crimson goes on the road to face No. 10 Dartmouth this Wednesday.