SPORTS BRIEF: Crews finish season at Foot of the Charles

By Walter E. Howell, Crimson Staff Writer

The Harvard and Radcliffe crew teams finished their respective fall seasons with solid performances at the Foot of the Charles on Saturday.

It was the Black and White women who led the way on Saturday morning as the heavyweights took a first in the varsity four heat, a second for the novice eight, and a third in the varsity eight race, while the lightweight varsity eight emerged victorious in the varsity eight heat of the regatta.

The lightweight women finished 19th overall but finished first among the competing collegiate eights despite heavy headwinds during the race.

For the heavyweights, the varsity four defended its little from a year ago, as it finished first in the field of 36 boats.

The Black and White defeated the second-place Brown varsity four by an astounding 14.4 second-margin—an outstanding result for the Radcliffe boat.

On the men’s side, the lightweight varsity eight and varsity four boats each finished in first place among lightweight competition, while the standout race for the heavyweights came from its freshman eight crew.

In that race, the rookies finished first overall in the field of 45.

The Foot of the Charles concludes the fall crew season. The spring season will begin again in April.

—WALTER E. HOWELL

Men's Crew