Drink away all the pain from your workout...or from your failed attempts at e-recruiting.

15 Harvard Drinking Games

It’s that time of year. You’re trudging through the Yard, avoiding obnoxious tourists and endless sludge piles when suddenly it
By Logan R. Ury

It’s that time of year. You’re trudging through the Yard, avoiding obnoxious tourists and endless sludge piles when suddenly it hits you: Spring Break is still 3 weeks away, your classes are nowhere as interesting as they seemed during Shopping Period, and you got stuck in yet another class with “section guy.” Well, don’t apply to take time off just yet. Cut out the Harvard Survival Guide Drinking Game, buy yourself a nice big hip flask, and start playing.

1.) Someone says “Foucault,” “Sartre” or “Marx” in section

2.) You see The Office of Alcohol & Other Drug Services (AODS) Nalgene

3.) You see a DHA tuxedo

4.) Someone asks a question in lecture—double shot it if they speak twice in the same lecture

5.) Somebody mentions they’re Pre-Med—body shot if they’re a humanities concentrator

6.) Somebody mentions Positive Psych

7.) Somebody mentions their summer home

8.) You see someone playing on an iPhone in class

9.) You see someone in class Facebook stalking someone you know—double shot if it’s you

10.) You see a red Longchamp or WIB canvas bag—double if you hear the word, “WIB-ternship”

11.). You hear the phrase “I was soooo blackout last night”

12.) Somebody references a crazy acronym like OCEAAAAAN

13.) Someone references their thesis (double shot if they use the specific number of pages they’ve written / need to write)

14.) Someone uses the word “e-recruiting,” “Lehman brothers,” “Merril Lynch,” “Goldman” etc. (Double shot if they mention being flown somewhere for an interview )

15.) You see a “Q” guide poster and have no idea what the fuck it means