LIVE BLOG: HARVARD at Penn

0:00 Belcore misses long three and that is it!!! Harvard wins at Palestra for first time since 1991. What a game! Great clutch performance from the Crimson.  Housman had 24. 66-60.  Wowwy!

3.7 First good. 2nd too.

3.7 Bernardini misses 3 badly, Lin corrals it and is fouled.  2 shots for Lin, can they hang on??

14.2 Inbounds to Lin, quickly fouled by Egee.  2 shots for Lin. 1st good. 2 bounces off rim and in. 64-60 Harvard. 

15.3 Rosen takes it up and finds Belcore for layup, Penn calls time. 62-60 Harvard.

24.8 Bernardini to Rosen who drives towards open layup BUT MISSES IT! Pusar grabs rebound and Rosen fouls him with 25 ticks left. Captian has two shots. 1st good. 2 rattles off Harvard 62-Penn 58.

35.4 Risky long inbounds to Housman from Lin, Drew dribbles around under basket, finds Lin wide open for 3 AND IT IS GOOD!!! Penn calls timeout again. 61-58 Harvard.  Wow!

50.6 McNally beats Penn upcourt but his pass to Pusar is blocked by Belcore. Luckily for Harvard, Pusar is first to the ball and Amaker calls timeout.

59.9 Lewis finds Eggleston who misses a shot but is fouled by McNally. 2 shots to tie it up just under a minute left. First good 2nd good. 58-58

1:08 Harvard gets two offensive rebounds, as Lin and Wright gather in another miss, it ends with Housman's shot from corner rattling in.  Penn calls time. Harvard 58-Penn 56.

2:16 Housman drives by Rosen and is rejected by Lewis, but Rosen fouled him. Two shots for Housman. 1st good. 2 no, but Pusar rebounds 56-56

2:28 Eggleston drives and is fouled by Pusar. Gets two shots. First bounces around and off, second good. 56-55 Penn.  Lin reps Kenyi

2:40 good defense by Egee on Lin, forces Lin to turn it over.  Kenyi reps Lin.

2:58 Eggleston fouled by Boehm, two shots. First good two good.  Wright rep Swiatek, McNally rep Boehm, tied at 55.

3:10 Rosen drives, kicks to open Belcore but his three misses, over back call against Penn sends Lin to line for 1 and 1. makes 1 of 2. Harvard 55 Penn 53

3:35 Eggleston misses open jumper, Swaitek rebound, Housman has ball but is called for carry.  Media timeout.

4:03 Wright spins on Lewis for basket, Lewis misses basket but Penn tracks down basket. But then they turn it over and Housman gets it.  Belcore fouls him in transition.  Lin, Swiatek in, 1 and 1 for Drew, 1st ties it up 2nd gives team lead. 54-53 Harvard

5:03 Lewis gets ball down low, McNally tries to strip him, but fouls. 1st well off, 2nd rattles in, 53-50 Penn.

5:15 Belcore follows with three to put Penn up two, Lin then drives and is called for charge. Boehm reps Lin. Penn 52-50

5:50  Bernardini still on court hits three to put his team up. McNally then gets lane to hoops and scores. 50-49 Harvard.

6:41 Wright back in for Crimson, McNally at line. Front end good, second one good too. Harvard 48-46

6:41 McNally drives around Bernardini and is fouled, number four on Bernardini. McNally will shoot one and one when we come back from media timeout.

7:08 Gaines drives but is stripped. Lin brings it up and shoots easy jumper in lane, first Harvard score in a bit. Egee open in corner for another three. Lin finds Swaitek open down low, but he can;t convert. Bernardini finds Lewis open down low for a dunk. Harvard calls timeout, Tie game 46-46.

9:00 Lin short on jumper, Wright's follow is stuck on rim, arrow to Penn, Swaitek reps Wright.

9:21 Housman fouled by Gaines on drive, non-shooting. Lin finds Swaitek down low, who is quickly covered and travels. Eggleston misses close and Lewis follows up with miss but Swaitek fouls him for his 4th. Wright who also has four fouls replaces him. Lewis misses both but Eggleston gets it. He then finds himself open for three but misses it. Tie up afterwards and its Crimson ball

10:45 Egee misses this time, but Lewis gets offboard.  Pass comes in to Eggleston who scores and is fouled by Swiatek, his 3rd. FT no. 44-41 Harvard.

11:22 "Everytime we touch" is played by the Penn band as stuff is thrown into the stands by the cheerleaders.

11:22 Housman scores, but Egee hits another 3. Harris then drives but is called for a charge, his 5th. Media timeout. 44-39 Harvard

12:10 Penn answers with a three from Egee, Kenyi then drives and Votel picks up his 4th. 42-36 Harvard

13:03 Harris fouled by Lewis, Housman then misses 3, but Harris gets putback.  42-33 Harvard

13:15 Reailly fouls away from ball before a drained a three by Penn.  won't count.  Housman misses jumper, on other end, ball goes in to Reilly, but Kenyi knocks it out off him. Housman then drives and is bumped by Reilly.  Harris back with 4 fouls along with Pusar, rep Peters Boehm and Swiatek.

14:18 Ball goes back to Lewis against Swiatek, who fouls him. 1st shot no  2nd also no, but Belcore gets rebound and Swiatek fouls him again.  Kenyi, McNally rep Lin and Pusar.

14:33 Lewis goes at Swiatek and scores. Boehm then passes up look and travels. 40-33 Harvard

15:18 Lewis misses shot over Wright, but Eggleston got loose ball and Pusar fouled him. Bernardini misses 3 and Wright gets rebound. Boehm tries to find Wright, but ball gets away and Wright is called for his 4th.  Peter Swiatek replaces him.

15:58 Two guys in dunkin donuts cups dribble around and shoot layups.  Some Penn fans hold up a predictably unfunny sign.

15:58  Boehm short on long jumper, on the other end, Wright ties up ball, bringing us to media timeout.

16:41 Housman tips pass, Boehm gets it, throws it to him for layup. Eggleston then scores over Boehm. Housman then makes great pass to Pusar who cuts to be wide open under the hoop. Bernardini drives by Wright on the other end and picks up his 3rd. Bernardini then charges for his 3rd. 40-31 Harvard

17:44 Great pass from Lin to Housman for a three. Gaines spins on Lin but it won't fall, Lin finds Housman in transition for a layup, Miller calls timeout. 36-29 Harvard.

18:39 Gaines answers with jumper but Eggleston misses on his chance for three.  Wright's hoop won't fall, on other end Lewis goes for dunk, but there is late foul on Harris his forth.  Boehm reps him. First shot no, second good. 31-29.

20:00 Harvard ball, Housman takes it too hoop. 31-26.

4 minutes to second half: Penn back on floor.

Halftime:  More out of town scores:

Princeton 34  Dartmouth 30 at the half
Kansas 70 Nebraska 53
Notre Dame 103 Providence 84
Bologna 1 Inter Milan 2
Real Madrid 6 Real Betis 1

Halftime:  Stats! Wright leads all scorers with 11 and Housman is second with 8.  Harvard has nine assists against 8 turnovers.  Votel and Bernardini have 6 each for Penn.  Both teams shooting poorly, with Penn 9-of-29 and Harvard 11-of-27.  Rebounds about even, with 18 for Quakers, 17 for Crimson.  Second half soon.

Halftime:  There's an African dance group on the floor including a bunch of drums and a shirtless guy.  Stat stuff hasn't been working but it looks like we'll get some soon.

0:00 Wright dishes out of post to Lin for 3 but it cruelly rims out.  Penn holds for one shot, Rosen bounces around, Reilly's 3 is waaaaay short, but it bounces off Harvard with 1.5 left.  Inbounds comes to Dan Monckton who has a clear look and hits the backboard and nothing else.  Not pretty.  We're at halftime! 29-26 Harvard.

:58 Harris picks up his 3RD foul trying to steal ball from Reilly at top of key.  Not good.  Wright replaces him.  Reilly makes 1 of 2.  29-26 Harvard.

1:13 Harris does his trademark move: shoulder down, dribble left at defense and get fouled while throwing ball up.  1st shot is no, 2 is yes.  29-25 Harvard.

1:39 Harvard misses, but on other end Turley commits fouls away from ball.

2:25  Gaines misses jumper over Harris, but Housman fouls Turley away from ball.  Lin reps Housman.  1 and 1 for Turley. 1st good.  2 no and Reilly blows putback. 28 25 Harvard

2:52  Wright picks up his second trying to set screen, Harris replaces him.  Both big men with two fouls now.

2:59 That last foul put Harvard over the limit. Rosen makes first of 1 and 1 and second too.  28-24 Harvard.

2:59 The Penn cheerleaders and the mascot lead the crowd is spelling Penn. P-E-N-N.

2:59 Lin steals pass down low, then misses deeeeep three.  Penn can't convert but Kenyi then misses 3 and Housman is called for over the back.  We've reached the media timeout again, Harvard up by 6.

4:23 inbounds basket by Penn, Housman misses, but so does Gaines and McNally is fouled by Bernardini. 1 and 1. 1st good. 2 too.  28-22. Harvard

4:37 Lin drives and kicks to Glen Miller, Penn's coach.  Kenyi and Harris rep Pusar and Wright.

5:13 Great ball movement and McNally finds Housman and his three bounces around rim before falling.  26-20 Harvard.

5:41.  Housman drives and kicks, but too far for McNally and it goes out of bounds.

6:11 3 for Bernardini.  23-20 Harvard.

6:33 Harvard gets three from Housman after Wright misses two close layup, including an airball, but Pusar saves it and it finds Drew.  Boehm then is fouled by Votel for his third foul. He goes to bench. Boehm makes 1 of 2, McNally reps him.  23-18 Harvard.

7:27 Bernardini to basket off inbounds, 19-18 Harvard

7:31 Decent crowd here tonight, the Penn band is making most of the noise.  Penn's mascot is underneath the Harvard basket, serving an intimidation factor.

7:31 Votel misses but ball is tipped to Rosen.  Great FB after Bernardini misses as Lin finds Pusar back before the Quakers defense.  Media timeout, 19-16 Harvard.

8:12 Bernardini makes nice jumper, then Housman drives by Rosen and is bumped.  Wright reps Harris.  He misses layup but tracks down rebound.  Ball is passed back to him and Votel fouls him, his second.  Boehm and Harris both miss threes and then Wright fouls on rebound.

9:00 Penn misses shot, but Boehm then passes on three and throws it away intended for Pusar.  Lin reps Mcnally.

9:40 Lewis picks up his second foul, bumps Housman on the baseline near Penn basket.  Harris scores a layup on the other end and Glen Miller calls timeout.  17-14 Harvard.

10:06 Great play from McNally.  Fakes 3, drives, dishes to Wright who scores and is fouled by Votel. FT bounces around and in.  Harris and Housman.  15-14 Harvard.

10:30 Votel breaks tie with jumper. 14-12 Penn.

10:51 Great pass from Lin to Wright and we're tied.

11:20 Boehm misses 3, but Kenyi goes after rebound and its back to H.  Wright then gets ball and scores.  12-10 Penn

11:50  There is some event Qdoba event where the people where tin foil or something and involves the mascot.

11:50  McNally misses 3, then Votel follows with a missed long jumper.  Rebound is smacked off backboard and around, before bouncing out of bounds near us.  Harvard ball, media TO.

12:20 Votel scores putback, then Wright spins on him, but his shot fails.  Votel then scores again and Amaker calls time. 12-8 Penn.

13:31  Harris picks up his second trying to set screen.  He fouled out last night. Not a good sign so far.  Stays on floor for a sec, then Wright reps him.

13:38  Lin fouls Gaines on drive, two shots.  1st good.  2 good.  Tied 8-8.  Harris reps Wright.

13:58 Great pass from McNally to Wright for a layup. 8-6 Harvard

14:22 Harvard throws it out of bounds, Boehm reps Harris

14:35 Back to action, Lin short on jumper over Gaines, Quakers push it and Harris fouls Gaines under the basket.  Kenyi and McNally replace Housman and Pusar.  Lin then steal ball.

15:13 Foul on Cameron Lewis away from the ball brings us to media timeout.  All tied up at 6-6 so far.  The Penn cheerleaders take the floor but unfortunately stay away from our end.

15:40 Lewis blocks Wright's layup, Penn ball, but turns it over.

16:09  First foul of game, Pusar fouls Rosen down low. 1st shot no.  2 good, tied 6-6

16:30 Harvard turnover, Bernardini fastbreak layup, but Housman answers with shot in lane. A Wright jumper gives then gives visitors the lead. 6-5 Harvard.

From now on, up top is most recent.  Sorry about that before.

Harvard travels to the Palestra for an Ivy League test against the Quakers.

19 minutes to tip-off.  After a tough loss at Princeton last night, the Crimson is back in action as it faces Penn, who comes off a loss itself at home to Dartmouth.

17 minutes to tip-off. Both teams are out warming up.  The Penn band is behind the basket to our right.  Princeton had no band last night.  Advantage Penn.

16 minutes to tip-off.  Good news for Harvard as both Keith Wright and Jeremy Lin and dressed and look ready to go after each briefly left last night's game with injuries.

11 minutes to tip-off. Press row is packed here and it takes up two rows behind the team benches. We're nice and cozily bunched together here on our benches.  Also, the Pepsi cans here have tributes to the Phillies' World Series win.  Also, half the Penn band is wearing white shirts, the other half has red and blue stripes.

8 minutes to tip-off.  Both teams head to their locker rooms while the Penn band plays "Carry on my wayward son."

6 minutes to tip-off.  Scores from around the country-
Kentucky 77 Tennessee 58
Marquette 78 Georgetown 72
UConn 64 USF 50

5 minutes to tip-off.  Harvard enters to a mix of boos and cheers.

4 minutes to tip-off.  Penn follows its cheerleaders with flags on to the court.  The band plays a song. 

3 minutes to tip-off.  Lay-up lines for each team.

Another final score: Maryland 88 UNC 85.  Wow.

1 minute to tip-off.  Teams in huddle, then head to bench.

Starting line-ups, after a fine performance of the national anthem by the Penn band: 
Harvard- Harris, Wright, Lin, Housman, Pusar.
Penn- Eggleston, Lewis, Rosen, Bernardini, Gaines.

The Penn starters all shake hands with the Quaker mascot, who looks quite creepy.

Almost ready for tip-off as the starters shake hands.

20:00 1st half.  We're off!  Lewis wins tip against Harris.

19:27 Rosen finds Eggleston for open 3. 3-0 Penn

18:20  Pusar misses 3, but steals Rosen's pass and coasts for layup. 3-2 Penn.

From now on, look up top for the most recent happenings.

Baseball