Quotes from the Class of 2013

Remember opening that fateful envelope during your senior year of high school? For nostalgia, FM has canvassed the Harvard forum
By Sanghyeon Park

Remember opening that fateful envelope during your senior year of high school? For nostalgia, FM has canvassed the Harvard forum on CollegeConfidential.com to find the quotes from ’13 hopefuls that best capture the bitterness and, at the very end, the joy of receiving your Harvard admissions decisions.

I’ve been crying for 2 hours. I will never get over it.

—hookem168

The fact that this process—these twelve years—not just the applications—is over feels... strange. That it should end with so many rejections is...I feel numb —jiess

Real talk: About 20% of the acceptances are mistakes. This can be corroborated with qualitative evidence.

—shalashaska64

“A record 10.9 percent of admitted students are from Latino backgrounds”

For some weird reason, it made me feel much better for being rejected by Harvard. It is not because I am not good enough academically, it is because I was not born Latino. I am more than happy to bring my tuition money to a school that is truly merit based.

—ajr2009

Dear Harvard,

Based on my rejection of student status at Harvard, I would like to know whether there are any janitorial posts open at Harvard College?

Considering you told me that I did not score well on a test of trivia—SAT/ACT—and relied on that as a judgement of my ability to perform at your college, I was hoping if it would be possible to be admitted to Harvard via the working stream. I could enrich Harvard College by making it clean. Better than being a filthy student right?

Plus, this will lighten your load of admitting via affirmative action.

Thanks.

—Ambitiousteen

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

—v3rt

got waitlisted at Duke and thought my soul had been torn to pieces until I got into HARVARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

—cafelalo