Megan L. Amram '10

Megan L. Amram ’10 is an Internet phenom with over 80,000 followers on Twitter. With her characteristic hilarity, she emailed with FM about slacking off, writing, and her steer carcass cravings.
By EESHA D. DAVE

FM: Did you write a thesis?

No thesis—I wish I had been able to concentrate in Lit and Arts B. Do you children even have Lit And Arts B anymore?! I am so old. How old are you? Are you four? Are you like four?

FM: Now you’re a Twitter and tumblr celebrity. Did you write comedy at Harvard?

I wrote the Hasty Pudding Theatricals show two years in a row, wrote lyrics for the freshman musical, and wrote for the 24-Hour Play festival. I once submitted an essay called “Jailhouse Cock” for a class. I once watched On Harvard Time. I tried to get Drew Gilpin Faust to be in a music video with me. She turned me down. I bet she’s regretting that NOW. I miss us, Drew.

FM: What are you up to now?

I am currently writing for the Disney Channel show “A.N.T. Farm,” doing stand up, and contributing jokes for a variety of shows such as the Oscars. I started my Twitter a little over a year ago, and my tumblr in October of last year. I like to write jokes about really every topic, and I end up writing a lot of pop culture-y blog posts. I guess what I’m trying to say is, God.

FM: Who is your favorite person to follow on Twitter?

My Twitter “mentor” of sorts has been Rob Delaney, who’s a bit of Internet royalty. Peter Serafinowicz, a British actor and writer, is another Internet hero. I have too many favorites to name.

FM: Where do you see yourself in 15 years?

In 15 years, I hope to see myself still working in T.V. and film and comedy, performing and writing and working with amazing people. I would like to be some sort of beautiful avatar to get all that unobtanium. In lieu of an avatar, I would settle for the carcass of a steer that I could wear as a cloak and pretend to be an avatar at events.

FM: Describe yourself in three words.

Am I beingscoped?

Scrutiny