Weinstock To Lead 141st Crimson Guard

Weinstock to serve as President, Fandos as Managing Editor, Botros as Business Manager

By Crimson News Staff

Samuel Y. Weinstock '15 will lead the newly elected 141st Guard of The Harvard Crimson, the paper's President announced on Friday.

Weinstock, a Social Studies concentrator from Atlanta, Ga., and a Mather House resident, currently serves as a Crimson news writer. As a Central Adminstration reporter, Weinstock has covered topics ranging from the Capital Campaign to University finances. He will assume the President's post in the beginning of January.

The paper's outgoing editors elected their successors early Friday morning. The President of the 140th Guard, Robert S. Samuels '14, announced the results to The Crimson's staff soon after.

“The 141st Guard is a tremendously talented group, and their passion, skills, and dedication are exemplary,” Samuels said. “I have the utmost confidence in them, and I’m excited for the direction they’ll take the organization.”

The Crimson's next Managing Editor will be Nicholas P. Fandos '15, a Crimson news writer who currently covers the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and worked with Weinstock to spearhead the paper's coverage of last spring's email search scandal. Joseph R. Botros '15, The Crimson's current Director of Web Development, will head the organization's finances and operations as its next Business Manager.

The Crimson, founded in 1873, is the only daily newspaper in Cambridge, Mass., and the oldest continuously published daily college newspaper.

The Crimson chooses its leaders through an election process known as the Turkey Shoot, in which all outgoing executives are invited to participate. A successful candidate must receive at least 75 percent of the vote.

Joining Weinstock, Fandos, and Botros on the masthead are:

Associate Managing Editor: Nikita Kansra '15

Associate Business Managers: Michelle Lee '15 and Josh L. Shih '15

Editorial Chairs: Brian L. Cronin '15 and Anja C. Nilsson '15

Arts Chairs: Natalie T. Chang '15 and Erica X. Eisen '16

Blog Chair: John A. Elzinga '15

Design Chairs: Helen Bae '16 and Daniel N. Yue '16

FM Chairs: Libby R. Coleman '15 and Peter E. Menz '15

Multimedia Chairs: Tiana A. Abdulmassih '15 and Zorigoo Tugsbayar '15

Sports Chairs: Cordelia F. Mendez '16 and Juliet Spies-Gans '15

Directors of Web Development: Joshua R. Palay '16 and Samuel M. Fishman '16

Student GroupsStudent PublicationsThe Harvard Crimson