From Beef to Bots? Harvard Professors Mired in Debate Over Spam Emails, Industry-Funded Research

Days Before Deadline, Environmentalist Overseer Campaign Harvard Forward On Track To Reach Nomination Goal

Swissbäkers Reopens Allston Location in Light of Recent Closures

Harvard Scientists Find Stress Makes Hair Turn Gray

The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Man Found in Charles River, Pronounced Dead

By Brandon J. Dixon and Beth Young, Crimson Staff Writers

Massachusetts State Police pulled an adult male from the Charles River early Tuesday morning. He was transported to Mount Auburn Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

Officials responded to a call Tuesday morning after a dog walker reported seeing an adult male jump from the Weeks footbridge, according to Jeremy Warnick, a Cambridge Police Department spokesperson.

About an hour and a half later, just past 8 a.m., a State Police team recovered the male from the river and transported him to Mt. Auburn Hospital, according to David A. Procopio, director of media communications for the Massachusetts State Police. The man, who is from Allston, was pronounced deceased at the hospital. State Police detectives are investigating the death, and have not yet released the name and age of the adult male.

The Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office is not currently considering the death suspicious, according to Elizabeth A. Vlock, a spokesperson for the office.

—Check thecrimson.com for more updates.

—Staff writer Brandon J. Dixon can be reached at brandon.dixon@thecrimson.com. Follow him on Twitter @BrandonJoDixon.

—Staff writer Beth Young can be reached at beth.young@thecrimson.com. Follow her on Twitter @thebethyoung.

CrimeMetro NewsMetro