Top 5 Videos to Cry To

Get ready to cry at these tear-inducing videos.
Get ready to cry at these tear-inducing videos. By Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
By Aurelia S. Han, Crimson Staff Writer

Spend five minutes on Facebook or Youtube, and you’ll enter a dark hole of never ending videos of cute puppies, weirdly satisfying soap and slime, choreographed dances, recipes and more. Some of the most popular videos, however, that start trending on Facebook or YouTube are the ones that make viewers cry and sob. Everyone’s been there, sitting alone in your dorm room, rethinking life choices, and feeling bad about yourself. All of a sudden, Facebook or YouTube is pulled up, and the tears start pouring out. No shame at all. In fact, here are five of the best videos to get a good cry out.

1. Soldier Surprising Son at Taekwondo Practice

Soldier coming home videos always hit a nerve as families are finally reunited with their loved ones. While there’s thousands of these videos floating around on the Internet and plenty of compilations on YouTube, this specific video is one of the most emotional surprises. The soldier’s son Luca is blindfolded during a taekwondo practice, and his dad, Staff Sergeant Rob Cesternino, has just returned home from Jordan and Syria after almost a year abroad. After Cesternino hops into the practice and starts saying Luca’s nickname, his son finally realizes that it’s his dad that he’s fighting. Tears will immediately fall when you hear Luca whimper “dad” before he jumps into his arms in the biggest, sweetest embrace.

2. Top 10 Unforgettable Golden Buzzers on America’s Got Talent

Seeing people’s dreams come true will send chills through your body. Each season on America’s Got Talent, every judge and the host get one golden buzzer where they send the act straight to the live show. It’s the ultimate recognition of outstanding talent. Gold confetti falls, the crowd goes wild, and the act almost always falls to their knees in a puddle of tears and pure bliss. Golden buzzer acts range from child singers to a crazy acrobatic group that completes gravity defying tricks. Warning: This video is 50 minutes long, but you’ll find yourself sitting through the whole thing then clicking to watch the next inspiring AGT video that the site suggests.

3. Olympics Emotional Winnings

The Olympics: The pinnacle of an athlete’s career. Years and years of practice, training, sweat, sacrifice, blood, and tears. Everything’s on the line. Then, they nail the flip. They perfect the dive. They win the game. The crowd goes absolutely wild, and suddenly everyone, including you, is crying. As you watch the Olympians embrace their families and stand on the podium with tears literally pooling at their eyes, you will be crying in bed as you simultaneously finally etch in gym time in your schedule for tomorrow. Hey, no one is judging. That’s why Olympic videos are so good and emotional. They truly inspire.

4. Dogs Welcoming Soldiers Home

These are maybe some of the sweetest reunions because you truly feel how much these dogs love their owners when they go absolutely bonkers. The dogs attack the soldiers in a shower of kisses before tackling them to the ground in excitement. Cue the tears again when you watch the owners’ faces as they either have the widest smiles on their faces or break down in tears.

5. Sad Philippines Commercial Compilation

Not sure why Filipino directors are trying to get their TV viewers to cry all the time, but this country’s commercials really attack all the emotions all at once, violently. This compilation features six of the saddest commercials, and you’ll get stuck in a weird Asian commercial binge watch after this one. Start with Sad Philippines Commercial Compilation Part 2.

–Staff Writer Aurelia S. Han can be reached at aurelia.han@thecrimson.com

ArtsCulture